Have a Question? Ask & I'll Answer It With A Video

Apply Here

Yoder Real Estate

In a company where entrepreneurship and out-of-the-box thinking are key drivers of our success, we welcome industry leaders who challenge the norms and are looking to take their business to new heights. The fastest growing real estate company in Grand Rapids is growing again! Talented? Skills under utilized? Looking to make a difference with your work? Seeking a team/family first culture? Let us know why we should consider you to join our team.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Act Like Bruce to Sell More Homes!

If you want to succeed in this business, you need to act like Bruce.

Looking to improve your real estate career? We're here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with us, contact us at (616) 942-2449 or careers@yoderrealestate.com.

The true secret to success in real estate is to think and act like Bruce.

Who is Bruce, though? Let me start with a quick story. 

I started in sales selling security systems door-to-door, and I would say it was more difficult than selling real estate. I had a lot of doors slammed in my face and a lot of mystery about how to actually sell that product. I was at my wit's end but found my solution from a guy named Bruce. He looked disheveled and often showed up late (or not at all), but each and every day, unlike the other salespeople, he turned in sales. 

One day I humbly approached Bruce and asked him what his secret was. I was doing what I thought mattered most, but they weren't the things that actually got success. I was overthinking and not following a process. Thankfully, Bruce let me come out with him one day knocking on doors.
Your mindset is the most important aspect.
He asked one simple question with a 10-second script, then went inside and signed them up. He did it again two more times in the next couple hours. I took this method and applied it to selling home security system, and then into real estate. I learned the fundamentals of real estate and realized early on that there are only a handful of things we need to learn how to do, and do them extremely well: 
  1. Lead generation. Primarily for listings, more specifically. You need to learn how to have deep conversations with sellers, learn how to price well, and learn how to market homes. 
  2. How to guide buyers through the process by asking great questions about their wants and needs, and conveying how much value you can provide them as well as why they should work with you. 
  3. Create systems around your business that remind you to do things at certain times. This includes your calendar, your CRM system, your database, and more. You want a duplicable process so that you don't constantly have to redo things. 
  4. Work on your mindset every day. This is the most important one. Work on your self-talk and don't let what we call "the drunk monkey" into your life. Getting your mindset straight early helps you tackle the other disciplines in real estate.
If you want to learn more, there are more strategies we utilize to help agents in their careers and lives. If you'd like to learn more, just give me a call or send me an email soon. I'd love to share more with you.